Happy Valentines Day!

Monday, February 14, 2011
Well here we are, Valentines day. Wow, how did we get half way through February already? So, what did you prepare for dinner, or did you go out to eat?  Did you carefully plan healthy substitutes?
I had intended to make an all raw gourmet meal, but I didn't plan ahead enough, so I did something totally different.  I will tell you that I made one of my all time favorite cakes, and there wasn't a bit of chocolate in it!  I made carrot cake, and it turned out delish!  I don't like to use all the oil, and sugar. So I use honey, and use a third the sugar that is called for, and it was still very good. I use organic flour, raw honey, organic carrots and farm fresh eggs. I used my vita mix blender to ready the carrots. Probably not the best idea considering it turned them into baby food. Not as much texture in the cake, but the taste was divine. I think next time I will use shredded non sweetened coconut as well. You can just use your favorite recipe, and tweek it to a healthier version. I am not the best baker, and I tweeked this recipe, and it turned out great. Keep your measurements accurate, and don't be tied to the recipe. Own it, make it all yours. Take some of your favorite dishes, and re-vamp them. Then share them with all of us. (if they turned out good) Now remember, you can have special occasion treats and you can make healthier choices. It is just a matter of a little effort.

0 comments:

Post a Comment