sweet healthy snack

Monday, January 31, 2011
Just finished an all "raw" day. No I didn't walk around in my birthday suit. That would be scary. I started and ended a day full of raw food. I am trying to teach all I know to my daughter Alyssa before she gets married. So we spent a good portion of the day preparing raw foods, and trying recipes.  We had sweet and sour veggie nut stuffer, lots of sugar snap peas, carrots, celery and cauliflower, and we dipped till our hearts content.  I juiced carrot, beet and apple for breakfast, and had everyone drink their "green" drink. Mid morning snack was organic raw oats, blackberries, tiny bit of honey, and a couple spoons of organic plain yogurt. I didn't want to use any animal products today, but it just sounded so good with those juicy berries.
After dinner I threw together a "shake."
2 frozen bananas
coconut milk about 1 and a half cups
you can use almond or rice milk as well.
2 T raw almond butter
3T carob powder
7 large ice cubes
hand full of pumpkin seeds
hand full of almonds
1T of chia seeds
1 T raw honey
some raw unsweetened coconut
I whirled it around in the vita mix blender for a couple minutes. No vita mix? Use the food processor.
It tends to be more like ice cream, so add more liquid to thin as you go.
This made enough for 4 of us to have a glass full.
Be careful, this can be very filling and addicting! Have fun with it and experiment. I don't even like carob, and I like this one. If you don't have carob have it without, it will taste more nutty.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment